Every year millions of people move in the US. There’s a high probability that you may be one of them too. Moving is often considered one of the most stressful life events that individuals experience but there are some up sides to moving.
We decided to give you some fun and cool facts about moving to keep in mind as you prepare for your move this year. Enjoy!
- Friday is the most scheduled moving day according to professional moving companies
- The busiest month to move is August
- The least popular month to move is February
- The most popular cities to move to in Texas are Austin & Houston
- An estimated 43 million Americans relocate each year
- 40% of moves are due to job promotions or transfers
- 33% of moves are into apartments or multi-family housing
- People schedule their move on average 42 days in advance with a moving company
- Two-thirds of all moves are local
- People move on average, 12 times during their life time
What a fun list of facts right? We know that moving can be hectic and time-consuming. We hope that if you do have to move this year, it’s for a solid reason and hopefully it’s to the Pearland, Texas area outside of Houston. This is a wonderful region to call home.
Let us know if you have any moving needs. We are more than happy to assist you.